Want To Avoid Back Pain?
Over eighty percent of people will at some point in their lives experience the dreaded back pain. This is the second most common reason for doctor’s office visits, second only to respiratory infections. The good news is that the majority of these cases are not caused by serious conditions such as arthritis, fractures, cancer or infections, but are non-organic or mechanical.
Often, back pain will resolve itself very quickly. However, if it continues, you should make an immediate visit to a chiropractor. As stated, most pain is the result of mechanical problems that a doctor of chiropractic can asses and then address. Research shows that patients who are suffering from recurring back pain experience dramatic improvement very shortly after beginning chiropractic treatment.
Manipulation of the spine is an effective and completely safe treatment option for pain. It also reduces the dependency on medicine such as painkillers, works very quickly, and requires little to no passive treatments such as bed rest.
Because it is so prevalent, preventing back pain should be a priority. Here are a few simple guidelines to follow:
- When lifting objects, bend your hips and knees and then squat rather than bending over. Always keep your back straight.
- Never twist your body when lifting.
- When moving heavy objects, push not pull.
- Avoid high heels and switch to flats.
- Take frequent breaks if you are forced to sit for extended periods.
- Maintain a regular exercise routine. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle leads to low back pain.
If you are suffering from chronic back pain, please contact Fakhoury Medical and Chiropractic Center immediately: (352) 351-3413
Discover the benefits of massage.