Worried About Spinal Disc Degeneration? Keep Reading!
Everyone ages chronologically at the same rate, but we don’t all age physiologically at the same rate.
Why does this happen?
Your neighborhood chiropractors at Fakhoury Medical and Chiropractic can help you stay younger physiologically than your chronological age. The result? You will be able to participate in activities that you enjoy later in life, and enjoy life longer.
The spinal discs obtain their nutrition through the pumping action of the movement of the vertebrae. As the spinal column goes through its normal daily activities the discs are compressed and distended forcing spinal fluid in and out of the discs.
As spinal fluid is drawn into the discs, nutrients and oxygen are absorbed by the discs to feed them. When the discs are compressed spinal fluid is expelled and it carries out waste products and carbon dioxide, which then are carried to the bloodstream to be excreted by the body.
As long as the spine stays flexible and maintains normal motion, the discs will receive normal nutrition and will stay young and healthy.
Your chiropractor’s entire focus is help you maintain good health and prevent degenerative changes and diseases. They have many tools at their disposal to accomplish this goal:
- Chiropractic adjustments aimed at maintaining normal vertebral positioning and normal motion throughout the spine to ensure proper vertebral disc metabolism.
- Nutritional supplementation to ensure that the entire body has the raw ingredients it requires to rebuild damaged tissue and maintain proper function.
- Guidance with exercises and activity to promote optimal spinal motion and health.
- Therapeutic massage to maximize blood flow, reduce stress, and improve overall wellness in every patient.
- Biofeedback programs to teach you how to recognize physiological stresses and to help you achieve a positive attitude to take control of your own health.
The chiropractors at Fakhoury Medical and Chiropractic Center will be able to assist you in maintaining a youthful, healthy spine and reduce the risk of spinal degeneration. Talk to them today and see what steps that you can take to keep your spine young.
After all, you really are as young as you feel!
Learn what a chiropractic adjustment is.